Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas from Us



My Mom sent this to me this morning. Her local paper asked for people to send in their favorite Christmas memories and she sent this in. It was published today in the Syracuse Post Standard. I wanted to share it with you, because I thought it was sweet. This is my oldest brother.

Whenever I look at this photo that my husband took 53 years ago, I can still hear our son Matt’s “oh, no!”

We are of Austrian and German tradition, which means you may bring the Christmas tree into the house before Christmas, but it waits until Santa comes to decorate it.
The photo shows Matt’s first look at the tree, all lit up and decorated. He ran out of the room, ran back, shouted “oh, no!” again and once more ran into the kitchen. The third time he did quiet down and let us show him what Santa brought him. His reaction made all those late hours fussing with lights and putting garages and trikes and wagons together well worth the lost sleep.
Betty K. Belge
Syracuse

No comments: