Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Night at the Symphony

Patty and I went to the Symphony last night with our friends Jenny and Dee (pictured here with the adorable Erin, who works for the symphony). Lucky us: violinist superstar Hilary Hahn was the special guest. She performed during the first half with Bramwell Tovey conducting. I have Hilary Hahn's first album, one she recorded when she was a teenage prodigy. Last night, she played Tchaikovsky's Violin Concierto and it was magnificent!!

One of my college professors/mentors (poet Doyle Walls) introduced me to Hilary years ago, so I've been listening to her do Bach for a long time.

A big thanks to Jenny (who also works for the VSO) for "scoring" the tickets. It was a lovely night. We had dinner at Cibo afterwards, which is across the street from the Orpheum, and drinks after that at Uva (which we now officially call Vulva).













No comments: