Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Left My Heart...

San Francisco was a treat! My good friend KC had the day off and I made her take me to Fisherman's Wharf, because I had never been there. We ate some good crab and found my new fishing boat. (see photo) We also visited a very cool museum with old coin-operated toys and exhibits from the 40s and 50s. 
Later Lipstick and I met up with our editor Diane and Ondine from Curve magazine for a drink at Mix, a great little dive bar in the Castro. Then we met up with friends KC, Janet and Barbara for a great Indian dinner at Bombay Indian Restaurant on Market Street.

Then it was onto the main event. Our reading at A Different Light Bookstore. What a great crowd on hand. There were plenty of lesbians in the seats and a few guys mingling around in the back, listening in, but pretending they really didn't care about lesbian relationship advice. I saw one of two crack smiles, though. And I can't forget Seth, the sweet boy who works there, dressed comando in a skirt. You've gotta love the Castro.

We finished the night off with a few drinks at Harvey's with current and former Curve magazine staffers. We're so glad to be part of the Curve family.

I had to catch an early flight home the next day, but I'm happy that we'll be returning to SF soon for the Curve Issue Release Party with Dani Campbell
on March 28th. Please join us!

No comments: