Sunday, February 17, 2008

Even the Nights Are Better

Last night, Texas took me to the Air Supply concert and omg, they were fucking amazing! Like so many other thirty-somethings, their music takes me back to places (most of which, fortunately, I want to go) that are quite the trip. The tiny video I took totally blows (I forgot to take my camera, but I shot this on my Treo, which--note to self--has horrible video capabilities), but thought I'd post it anyway. The soft rock duo, who I always thought was gay (they are SO hetero it was shocking!) was hilarious. Graham Russell is this commandingly funny Brit, who is the big jokester and towers over his writing partner. His very short sidekick, Russell Hitchcock, is, no doubt, the bastard child of Bea Aurthur and Dudley Moore. DEAD RINGER. I got to shake Russell's hand and that was fun. They sang all their old classics like: Making Love Out of Nothing at All, Here I Am, Every Woman in the World, Two Less Lonely People in the World, Lost in Love and All Out of Love. I put their vintage music video on the bottom for kicks. Enjoy.

If they come to a city near you, check them out!







No comments: